• Expert skills and in-depth knowledge of principles and practices of fiscal planning and analysis, budgetary systems and organizational management.
• Strong demonstrated experience in forecasting; managing complex, cross-functional resources; identifying opportunities; and developing innovative long-term strategies.
• Proven advanced skills in analyzing large quantities of complex budgetary and financial data, extracting and summarizing critical components of the database, data validation and compiling managerial reports in a variety of formats.
• Proven ability to research, collect, process, validate, and interpret complex financial and budgetary data from diverse sources such as the Governor's Budget, corporate allocations, budget and operating ledger systems, and corporate financial reports.
• Must possess excellent critical thinking ability to analyze information, situations, problems, policies and procedures and to formulate logical and objective conclusions. Ability to analyze complex fiscal issues and information, recognize potential impact, identify alternative solutions and creating strategies to solve them.
• Proven ability and work experience in producing high quality, complex written reports, and other documents, that effectively communicate in a clear, organized and concise manner to senior campus management and others.
• Advanced computer technology skills and problem-solving in financial modeling, analysis, budgetary management, and other administrative functions and situations. Advanced expertise using computer software, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge and applications of principles and practices of fund accounting.
• Comprehensive knowledge of not-for-profit financial reporting systems sufficient to comprehend Budget, Financial, Staffing and Payroll/Personnel and Student information systems.
• Ability to perform detailed audits of budget, staffing and fund transfer data to ensure policy compliance and accuracy. Ability to design, adapt, implement or evaluate new procedures, systems and reports.
• Graduation from college with a major in economics, business administration, political science, or an allied field, and progressive professional experience in fiscal analysis or administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to make incisive, coherent presentations, and respond to rapid questioning on difficult issues. Ability to develop and conduct effective training sessions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and employing tact, diplomacy and flexibility. Demonstrated experience in representing the best interest of senior management and the organization at all times.
• Knowledge and ability to work and participate in team environment. Experience in leading and participating in cross functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
• Job offer is contingent upon a satisfactory clearance based on background check results.
• This position is designated “Confidential” under HEERA.