The Project Manager (PM) has complete oversight of program operations with a primary focus on ensuring contract compliance and parking enforcement and traffic management activities under one contract for the Client. The Client, a vibrant city in Los Angeles County, is expected to experience tremendous growth in the upcoming years due to major economic and real estate developments. The PM manages the onsite client relationship as well as serving as the liaison to various stakeholder groups who are impacted by the operations. This position provides the client with accurate and timely reporting, works with client in preparation of budgets and is accountable for overall P&L. The successful candidate must have exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, creating a culture that promotes high performing employees and their career development. He/she will need to possess excellent financial reporting skills, the ability to deftly manage customer and client relationships and the ability to manage and successfully deliver on long term projects, meeting client expectations and company goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: But not limited to -
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management of all contract activities to include parking enforcement, traffic management, special events, traffic dispatch and related services. His/her responsibilities also include the development and implementation of operational and management procedures to ensure compliance with all contractual agreements within applicable legal, environmental, and health and safety parameters. The PM has the authority to obligate resources and materials to fulfill contractual requirements, respond to emergencies, promote goodwill, respond to client needs and requests and improve client awareness. The PM has the authority to delegate his/her duties, responsibilities and authority in response to an emergency situation.
The Project Manager must be organized, self-motivated and highly principled in order to effectively motivate staff, promote professionalism and develop good working relationships at all levels. The PM must have superior interpersonal communication skills consulting with management staff on key issues such as manpower, planning, performance evaluation and workload. The PM coordinates and meets with supervisors and customer representatives to solve customer concerns in order to maintain effective, open internal and external lines of communication.
The PM must possess the ability to think and plan strategically. The PM is responsible for the day-to-day business operations to include reporting, invoicing, budget control and review and planning. PM must continually review, structure and analyze data in order to affect the most efficient use of manpower and materials, establish production goals and provide assistance in solving maintenance, material supply and personnel problems. PM is responsible for the moral and welfare of contract personnel. The PM must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously meeting tight schedules.
• Interacts with client representatives, promotes a positive client relation through good communication, being responsive to their needs, and meeting client expectations
• Works closely with city and other governmental officials
• Ensure that proper parking, safety, revenue control and customer service procedures are being adhered to
• Responds to and resolves customer concerns and citizen complaints
• Recommend and implement plans or programs to improve safety and other aspects of operations
• Able to audit all aspects of operation
• Monitor personnel performance, maintenance of facilities and equipment to guarantee all areas are operational twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
• Set positive and professional example for workforce
• Employee development and training